Sunday 19 August 2012

20 Questions

Okay, saw this on Angry Lurker, Laughing Ferret and Brummie's blogs (click names for links to theirs), so thought I would follow suit!

The questions:

1.  Favourite Wargaming period and why?
Supers. I am a massive comic book superheroes fan. It has just been a shame that it took tabletop gaming so long to catch up with my 'other hobby'!

2.  Next period, money no object?
I find time and motivation more of an obstacle than money, so assuming none of those was an obstacle - then probably something like a sci-fi game at a small scale; maybe Epic, DZC, Heavy Gear or something like that.

3.  Favourite 5 films? 
In approximate order of preference, first to fifth:

  1. Dazed and Confused (brilliant soundtrack and just makes me feel good when I watch it)
  2. The Empire Strikes Back
  3. Elf (annual Christmas movie for the wife and me)
  4. Shaun of the Dead
  5. Avengers

4.  Favourite 5 TV series?
In approximate order of preference, first to fifth:

  1. West Wing
  2. M*A*S*H
  3. Band of Brothers
  4. Doctor Who (from 2005 onwards)
  5. Desperate Housewives (really!)


5.  Favourite book and author?
Favourite book is probably either Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintainence (Robert Pirsig) or The Thief of Always (Clive Barker). But my favourite author is definitely Clive Barker - incredible mastery of language.

6.  Greatest General? Can’t count yourself!!
Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke for the thesis that: no plan survives contact with the enemy.

7.  Favourite Wargames rules?
Now? Pulp City Supreme Edition. It has been a focused labour from 3 guys to make the best game we can, even if it means doing some things in a radical way. I am biased.

8.  Favourite Sport and team?
Football; Liverpool FC.

9.  If you had a only use once time machine, when and where would you go?
Messing with time = bad idea. So nope, would not use it.

10. Last meal on Death Row?
Tough one. Forgoing my weekly curry, it would be sirloin steak with new potatoes, mange tout, in a peppercorn sauce.

11. Fantasy relationship and why?
If I was not married, and not in a relationship (phew caveats out of the way successfully I think!), then Thandie Newton. If I have to explain, then I am not sure you would understand anyway.

12. If your life were a movie, who would play you?
Who cares. It would be a dull movie.

13. Favourite Comic  Superhero?
Cap. Captain America. If one super-hero were real, I would want it to be cap. I think the world could or would be a better place for him.

14. Favourite Military quote?
(See #6 - Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke for the thesis that: no plan survives contact with the enemy.)

15. Historical destination to visit?
Stonehenge - never been, ought to go!

16. Biggest Wargaming regret?
Being such an unmotivated painter.

17. Favourite Fantasy job?
A professional games developer able to sustain a living through that job alone.

18. Favourite Song Top 5?
In approximate order of preference, first to fifth:

  1. Here Comes The Sun - the Beatles
  2. Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley
  3. Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd
  4. Black Steel In The Hour Of Chaos - Public Enemy
  5. Prophecies - Philip Glass

19. Favourite Wargaming Moment?
A Terminator Wolf Priest killing a Bloodthirster of Khorne in one very  lucky attack in a tournament game; my opponent asked for referee input because he did not believe it was possible.

20. The miserable Git question, what upsets you?
Stupid people saying stupid things on television or radio.

4 comments:

  1. I like 19 especially, well done sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A-ah, the gods of dice shined on me at that moment! The odds of success were a crazy long-shot!

      Delete
  2. Do you know, I almost had the wolf priest thing on my list- that was so cool that it stands out in my memory as one of the greatest wargaming moments, and it wasn't even my game! The look on that blokes face was so funny!
    That the same year I asked my Eldar opponent if he had seen the new Eldar codex, and he replied "yes, I wrote it." It was Phil Kelly!

    Great list mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Phil Kelly moment was...'special'; without doubt! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...