Saturday 12 December 2015

Mr. Kraken

Mr. Kraken is the 130th mini I have painted for my own Pulp City collection, and after losing a lot of painting momentum overall in the past month or so, it has been nice to get another mini finished, especially for Pulp City and more especially for the Forgotten.

The paint job was done pretty quickly simply because I needed to feel as though I had finished something. I struggled with some of the highlighting to be honest, but it is done.

As soon as we devised the concept of Mr. Kraken I knew it was a mini I would look forward to painting - who doesn't like the idea of a Lovecraftian corporate raider!

In game terms, Mr. Kraken is a Blaster whose Actions offer Damage, Mind Control and Suppress as FX. He also excels at targeting models with Trump MIND (who often will also have Trump SPIRIT, the Trait which defends against his Actions). Like all members of the forgotten, Mr. Kraken is a dangerous proposition - their downside as a team is that they are mostly Level 2 Supremes, meaning they will often be outnumbered, and they will often struggle to generate AP without good planning. His biggest weakness will be his low non-Trump AGILITY, making him a ripe target for sniper types who can stand off at good range (such as Gentleman, Ba-Boom and Trojan).

Mr. Kraken
Villain, Blaster, Level 2, Mystery
40 mm

15 comments:

  1. Oh that is wonderfully painted PulpCitizen. Absolutely cracking stuff. Love the look in his eyes. Very sinister indeed. One of my faves so far tbh :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Blaxkleric. :)

      I am happy with how the eyes in particular turned out. :)

      Delete
  2. Painted like this I suddenly notice a lot of details which weren't visible on the picture of him in the online store.
    They should add your painted version in there.
    Love the tentacles and his face.
    Just one point of critique if I may?
    The smoke or water he's standing in doesn't really attach to the base.
    A bit of putty underneath would make him look less 'placed' on the base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wouter. :)

      The base was reclaimed from a rebased Powerhouses and was already painted. I may infill the ectoplasm-stuff with GS at a later date. :)

      Delete
    2. I would. I think a few dabs of LGS should do the
      trick.

      Delete
    3. I will probably try and tackle it in the next few days. :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome job dude looks great to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. Pretty pleased with how he turned out. :)

      Delete
  4. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through my life weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how I could be transformed into a powerful person when I came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...