Monday 28 November 2016

Cyber Dogs


My first Pulp City minis for a while, and back to the Minion focus I have had this year. I have been struggling for painting motivation in general in the last few weeks, so needed a 'quick win', which the Cyber Dogs were perfect for.

We were able to produce the Cyber Dogs due to the great success of the Cold War Kickstarter, and they have a neat rule function in that each Dog brings a separate boost which affects the whole game card of Minions, which can be bought as 2, 4 or 6 Levels (1, 2 or 3 models).

I went for a quick and done approach simply to regain some momentum as mentioned, and I hope it brings me back to some more regular painting. I still hope to finish at least a couple more Pulp City minis before year end, but even if I don't, it has been a much better year after the previous two years' outputs. This also takes past 150 painted Pulp City minis, so high time I did another 'all my painted collection' post!

9 comments:

  1. Far from cute and cuddly pooches imho, PulpCitizen, which is very much a good thing for cyborg dogs I'd suggest. Great stuff with the bulldog being my fave :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Blaxkleric. :)

      It was nice to get some more stuff finished, and these add some interesting new options for Minions. :)

      Delete
  2. The addition of these dogs to the KS was one of the best ideas during the campaign in my opinion. Not only are they very funny, they also provide something fresh to the world.

    I like them, nothing too fancy but a quick and easy paintjob perfect as a tabletop standard. I look forward to seeing more Pulp City miniatures, good luck!
    By the way, World of Twilight ran a Painting contest after each KS to encourage people painting their newly gained miniatures. It might be a fun idea for Pulp City too and it will probably get many KS supporters into gear and give them a little drive to get these new miniatures up and ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Wouter. :)

      Funny you mention a painting contest, we have just concluded such a contest through the Pulp City Facebook page. :)

      Delete
    2. Hah, unfortunately I'm not a Facebook person.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, the reason we chose FB as the platform is typically we reach over a thousand people per week that way, versus perhaps 1% that number through the Forum etc.

      Delete
    4. I totally understand, most industries prefer to use Facebook as it is a great way to reach the maximum amount of people. Though I know I'm missing out a lot, I still refuse to create an account 😊.

      Delete
  3. Excellent painted Dogs! I love their sculpt!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...